Download the Lua script UPDeck_2-0-3.lua and then load it into OBS from the following menu : OBS -> Tools -> Scripts
Use the '+' icon to browse for the saved script and load it.
The following script fields can then be configured...
- Message Path : paste this from the clipboard - it's copied there when you press OK on the desktop app.
- Interval : how frequently the script will check for new commands.
- sfx Command : the command used to play sound effects (optional - more below).
- sfx Folder : a folder containing sound effects. (optional)
- Replay Folder : folder to be used for action replays. (optional)
- Debug : shows extra info in the Script Log window if checked.
If you have opted to let the desktop app handle sound effects, you can leave the sfx Command and sfx Folder fields blank.
For sound effects, there are multiple programs available that can play sound files from the command line. Macs come with afplay installed (seen in the config above) and mpg123 is another well known project - available for Mac / Windows / Linux.